DENTURES ARE USUALLY KNOWN AS 'FALSE TEETH '
DENTURES ARE IN FACT
PROSTHETIC TEETH DESIGNED TO REPLACE MISSING OR DISEASED TEETH
COMMON TERMS USED FOR DENTURES
- A PARTIAL DENTURE is used when some natural teeth remain.
- A COMPLETE DENTURE is required when all the teeth are missing. Complete dentures can be either "conventional" or "immediate."
- CONVENTIONAL DENTURES are made after the teeth have been removed and the gum tissue has begun to heal. Therefore it is not ready for placement approximately 8 to 12 weeks after the teeth have been removed.
- IMMEDIATE DENTURES are prepared prior to your appointment & inserted on the same day, immediately after the removal of the natural teeth
- IMPLANT RETAINED DENTURE is fixed to the jaw line through implants
NOTE : THE TYPE OF DENTURE YOU ARE ABLE TO HAVE WILL BE DEPENDENT ON YOUR INDIVIDUAL SITUATION
PEOPLE SUFFERING WITH DENTAL PROBLEMS MAY HAVE TO CONSIDER A DENTURE
Just like your natural teeth, dentures provide support to your lips and cheeks while helping you to chew food and speak clearly. They can restore the appearance and function of healthy teeth, as well as improving your overall facial appearance. Vermont South Dental can arrange a customised Denture to fit comfortably.
Our Denture products are sourced from reliable, LOCAL technicians and manufacturers who use superior materials to provide a quality result. This means the dentures we provide look natural & realistic, almost indistinguishable from real teeth. Most importantly they are durable and a comfortable fit.
THE MOST RECENT TYPE OF DENTURE IS AN IMPLANT RETAINED DENTURE
Initially a traditional removable denture was the only option to replace missing teeth and sometimes they proved challenging. Patients found that their denture "clicked" whilst talking. Or that they may not have be able to chew some foods properly. Another common problem was that their Dentures may have had to be replaced, due to facial shrinkage and they didn't fit any more , losing them or even damaging them.
THE NEW TYPE OF DENTURE CAN DRAMATICALLY IMPROVE YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE
The IMPLANT DENTURE enables proper chewing & speaking, increasing comfort and even a boost to self-confidence. In addition to this Implant retained Denture's can give you the option to a wider variety of foods, which gives you a better quality of life.
BENEFITS OF IMPLANT RETAINED DENTURES ?
PEOPLE SUFFERING WITH DENTAL PROBLEMS MAY HAVE TO CONSIDER GETTING A DENTURE.
Initially the traditional removable dentures were the only option to replace missing teeth. However they sometimes proved challenging. Patients can find the denture "clicks" when talking. Or they may not be able to chew some foods properly. Another common problem is that the dentures may need to be replaced, due to facial shrinkage, losing them or even damaging them.
IMPLANT RETAINED DENTURES CAN DRAMATICALLY IMPROVE YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE
This type of Denture enables proper chewing & speaking, increasing comfort and even a boost to self-confidence. In addition to this Implant retained Denture's gives you the option to a wider variety of foods, which also gives you a better quality of life.
KEEP YOU LOOKING YOUNGER FOR LONGER
'WHAT ?' I HEAR YOU SAYING, but it is true.
Your teeth help to hold your facial structure in place. As this picture shows this lady clearly does not have any teeth and more than likely hasn't for quite a while, Because of this her facial features have been significantly effected.
The IMPLANT RETAINED DENTURE is convenient, as you won't have to worry about the issues with the CONVENTIONAL DENTURE. Further more, it looks natural and it will make your smile beautiful again, for longer.
ASK US AT
VERMONT SOUTH DENTAL
FOR A SOLUTION THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT IMPLANT RETAINED DENTURES
HOW LONG DOES THE WHOLE PROCESS TAKE & WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
- Placement of the IMPLANT into the jawbone.
- The exposure of the the top of the implant so that the implant-supported denture can be attached. This procedure is normally performed 3 to 6 months after the first one.
- The construction and placement of the denture
However,The time it takes to complete the entire treatment process depends on different factors, including;
- The Type of implant used.
- Whether the treatment is for the upper or lower jaw.
- If bone grafting is required.
- The number of implants.
For standard implants, the entire process can take anywhere between 5 months to a year or more.
WHAT IS THE COST?
Because of the complex nature and various options that are available, it is best to make a consultation appointment where the dentist can give you an accurate estimate of costs designed specifically for you in a treatment plan.
WILL I NEED A TEMPORARY DENTURE?
The temporary denture is necessary only if you are not already wearing a complete denture for missing teeth and can be dependent on the location of missing teeth. As the name suggests, the temporary denture is used as a placeholder while you wait for your final IMPLANT SUPPORTED DENTURE to be made. Furthermore, it can also serve as a back-up in the unlikely event if the final denture is damaged.
WHERE WILL THE IMPLANTS BE PLACED?
Implants are usually placed in the area of the jawbone with a higher bone mass – commonly at the front of your mouth. The front jaw is also preferred because it does not have many nerves or structures that may complicate the implant placement.
WHY SHOULD I GET AN IMPLANT RETAINED DENTURE?
Removable dentures may need be held in place by a a bonding agent. They are traditionally known for coming loose when you eat certain foods. The IMPLANT RETAINED DENTURE is held in place more securely into bone and are overall more reliable.
IMPLANT RETAINED DENTURES ARE MORE SECURE THAN TRADITIONAL DENTURES
- IMPLANT DENTURES are also more comfortable for the wearer. Most people say they don’t even feel like they have dentures in.
- This type of denture can prevent the patient from experiencing sore spots and pressure points on the gums. This is commonly experienced with removable dentures.
- Wearing implanted dentures prevents further bone loss that can occur from missing teeth. Therefore the facial structure remains the same. Your mouth will be healthier and you'll be looking younger for longer.