OUT OF LOCKDOWN - BUSINESS IS BACK TO A VERY BUSY NORMAL
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR VSD
WE ARE OUT OF LOCKDOWN & NOW SENDING OUT REGULAR DENTAL CHECK-UP REMINDERS AGAIN
During past lockdowns, we stopped sending the reminders as we were only able to treat extreme emergency cases. This then changed to all patients with treatment that if differed would likely result in adverse outcome.
To those patients who had pre-booked appointments which had to be rescheduled (sometimes more than once!) for their generous patience. This delay has resulted in the appointment book now being extremely full for the next few months.
REGULAR DENTAL CHECK-UPS ARE CRUCIAL TO OUR ORAL & OVERALL HEALTH.
Because we have been unable to do these regular appointments, we are now seeing an increased number of emergency patients with more serious problems.
Therefore, we strongly urge you to make a booking for your regular check-up and clean. However, if we could please ask for your understanding in the knowledge that we, will do our best but, may not be able to get you in before the end of the year.
If you have an issue or are in pain, we will do our best to get you into the earliest possible appointment.
Please also take into consideration for private health insurance claims, major dental appointments may be unable to be accommodated before the end of the calendar year. As this is out of our control, we advise you to contact your health insurance provider to request leniency at this time.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING
Extra precautions are now common protocol at VSD to protect our staff, patients and the community when visiting our clinic. VSD’s Covid Safe plan is extensive, and the entire team have been trained and are aware of their duty of care. VSD follows advice from the ADAVB and their level of Dental Restrictions. Detailed information on these levels and what treatment can be performed can be found here.
INFO FOR PATIENTS DURING COVID
- Please advise us immediately if are unwell with any COVID symptoms prior to your appointment
- If you are an “at risk patient” and you are early for an appointment, please advise us that you have arrived and wait outside or in the car until we advise you to come in
- Please check the current exposure sites prior to your appointment
- Upon arrival to the surgery please be mindful of social distancing and use the hand sanitiser on the reception desk
- Your temperature will be taken, and you’ll be questioned regarding your health before moving into the patient lounge
- If we must cancel your appointment due to COVID closure, our website will be updated with our current Dental restriction level and instructions for patients
VSD COVID-SAFE PROTOCOL OUTLINE
During this time VSD is taking all the precautions necessary at each dental restriction Level including, but not only
- Screening patients before appointments
- All visitors and patients are to scan our VIC GOV QR code as per government guidelines
- Taking temperature upon arrival of staff, patients, and all visitors
- Providing signage showing how to practice good hygiene, coughing protocol, and social distancing
- Enforcing the wearing of a face mask and hand hygiene of everyone who enters
- Ensuring no more than 2-patients are in the waiting area at one time
- We request that you advise reception if you have used the bathroom, to increase infection control
- Enhanced cleaning and documentation right throughout the dental surgery
- Scheduling 'AT RISK' patients to the first appointment of the day and extending their appointment to ensure no crossover between patients
- Splitting teams when required
The effects of these additional requirements in our COVID Safe plan, requires the lengthening of appointments, and therefore we are unable to see as many patients as previously throughout the day. In addition to this, family appointments may have to be split if the 2-person max rule is not achievable.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you kindly for your understanding