DENTAL LEVEL 1
28TH September 2020
With the announcement of the 2-step plan from the Victorian Government on Sunday 27th September, the Dental Industry is now allowed, to move to DENTAL LEVEL 1
WHAT THIS MEANS
Due to the announcement, dental clinics are able to recommence treatment of non-urgent services for patients, with a COVID Safe plan in place. Therefore, in Dental Level 1, we can treat patients for regular dental care. The use of rubber dam, and hand scale for general cleans without the use of ultra sonic scalers, are still required at this time. This method does take longer and we will be extending appointments, but we may occasionally run over time. We appreciated your understanding. If you have an appointment booked and you would like to know more, please don't hesitate to call.
Extra precautions have been taken, in an effort to protect our staff, our patients and the community when visiting our clinic. Our Covid Safe plan is extensive and our entire staff have been trained and are aware of their duty of care.
We will be again trading at our regular business hours
Monday 8 am - 6 pm
Tuesday 8 am - 5pm
Wednesday 8 am - 6 pm
Thursday 8 am - 5 pm
Friday 8 am - 4 pm
FROM A LOGISTICS POINT OF VIEW
During these times we are taking all the precautions necessary including, but not only,
- Screening patients before appointments,
- Taking temperature upon arrival of Staff, patients and all visitors of longer than 15 minutes
- Ensuring no more than 2 patients are in the waiting area at one time.
- Recording of all visitors to the surgery.
- Enforcing the wearing of a face mask and hand hygiene of everyone who enters
- Enhanced cleaning and Documentation right throughout the dental surgery
- Scheduling 'AT RISK' patients to the first appointment of the day and extending their appointment to ensure no crossover between patients.
The effects of these additional requirements in our Covid Safe plan, requires the lengthening of appointments, and therefore we are unable to see as many patients throughout the day. In addition to this, family appointments may have to be split if the 2 person max rule is not achievable. We thank you for your patience and understanding, it is greatly appreciated.